Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Decision Time

I have made the decision to give my notice. It has come to the point that I am forcing myself to get up in the AM and forcing myself out the door. I could care less what I look like, what I wear, heck, how I even smell and that's pretty bad. - Not that I stink, but I make no extra efforts to smell extra pretty. I like what I do. I just cannot work here any more. I will figure out the next step as it comes to me. bigstan assures me that we will be okay financially. I only hope he is right. I can't say I WON'T work, just that it won't be something permanent or even possibley full time. I'm finding that I'm well pleased with the preschool environment BBK is in and that I do not want to pull her out. CJM is doing well in school and while the after school program at the daycare is all about continued learning (church, sign language, spanish), I'm fine with him not going back for this. I'm not sure how much he IS learning of it anyway because it seems that when I get there to pick him up he's either running and playing or watching a movie. So you can see why I'm not so concerned. Its just a hard decision and one long time coming. Obviously through my journal entries I can see me angsting over it. But the time has come for angsting to cease and decisions to be made. After a full day of bawling my eyes out yesterday over having to be here, stick a fork in me I'm done. I only hope that I can keep some of the benefits with the people I know in the legal community. :) Only one thing is, do I tell him he has 2.5 weeks today or do I wait until Monday and give him only 2 weeks notice? - And that folks is a legitimate question - so if you have any suggestions, please comment. Thanks in advance!


( 5 comments — Leave a comment )
(Deleted comment)
Sep. 17th, 2003 06:20 am (UTC)
Oh lordy
I would give him the 2.5 notice and work with the replacement to get her/him fully up to speed and warn her about the co-dependant nature of the relationship.

Contact a temp agency asap!
Sep. 17th, 2003 06:43 am (UTC)
Re: Oh lordy
I just realized - that I can't give that short a notice. Carolyn's leaving October 3 for vacation and will be out until October 22nd.

I guess that's a good thing. I can tell him I'm leaving and work through Friday, October 24, and that will give him one month to bring in the new person he's supposedly got on the stand-by and me get her trained.
Sep. 17th, 2003 09:11 am (UTC)
I did
I gave him until October 24th. The other lady here in the office is leaving on vaction October 3rd and won't be back until October 22nd and I forgot about that and I could not just up and leave her in a lurch.

He has a "fill in" person who he will talk to about starting to come in full days on Thursdays and he has offered me part-time but with the way kids are in pre-school and kindergarten I just don't see how I can.

So I will be still at my current hours through October 24. Then hopefull home free!

And less angsting from me will assult you all:) Hopefully.
Sep. 17th, 2003 10:41 am (UTC)
Am I correct when I say you four have no income as of 10/24 with the exception of child support? How are you going to pay your bills???(rhetorical question) you don't have to answer that, but one does wonder... I'm nervous for you and yours/ours.
Sep. 17th, 2003 12:21 pm (UTC)
Re: Well,
Things will work out the way they are supposed to, I have faith.
( 5 comments — Leave a comment )



Latest Month

November 2005

Page Summary

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow